We've been asked many questions over the years. Here are a few Q & A's to try and help you out.
What is the difference in the categories of the coffee cakes?
We currently have 5 different categories in our store, each grouped to make it more efficient for you!
- Specialty Cakes: Our Coffee Cakes designed for Special Events or Occasions! (You'll find the Chicago Cubs Cake or 4th of July Cake here!)
- Premium Cakes: Our Coffee Cakes made with 3 or more Ingredients/ Flavors or Our Boston Line! (This is where you'll find Coconut Rum and Caramel Apple Pecan!)
- Supreme Cakes: Our Coffee Cakes containing 2 Ingredients or Flavors! (This is where you'll find Blueberry Cream Cheese Cakes!)
- Classic Cakes: Our Coffee Cakes with only one Flavor/ Ingredient! (This is where you'll find Blueberry!)
- Sugar-Free Cakes: Our Selection of Sugar-Free Coffee Cakes!
How big are the coffee cakes? Are they all one size?
Our cakes are all the same size, and they are 9 inch round cakes.
Are your cakes shipped fresh or frozen?
Our cakes will be shipped fresh at room temperature.
How long does it take to ship my cakes to me?
Our cakes generally ship the same day you place your order. Then, depending upon where you live, you should have your cake in about 4 business days.
Can I freeze my cakes once I receive them?
Yes! This is an important asset of Dave’s Coffee Cake. You may freeze your cakes for a 90 DAYS OR MORE in the package they come in. If you have cakes in the freezer, just pull them out an hour before you are ready to eat them!
What is the shelf life of Dave’s Coffee Cakes?
The shelf life of Dave’s Coffee Cakes on the counter (room temperature) is 12-14 days, or they can be frozen in the container they come in for 90 days or more.
I have a mild allergy to peanuts, but your Nutrition Label has nuts listed. Most of your cakes don't have nuts in the name. Is it safe for me to order?
If you have an allergy to nuts, we strongly discourage from ordering a cake. Since some of our cakes contain nuts and we bake all cakes in the same building, we cannot guarantee a cake is nut-free. However, if you do not have an allergy but just dislike nuts, we have a wide variety of nut-free flavors!
Boston Cream is one of my favorites, but I can no longer find it online! Can I still buy a Boston Cream Coffee Cake?
Yes! In order to ensure the quality of our products, our Boston Cream Line has been removed from our Online Store. However, you can still buy them at our events, or pick them up in Rock Falls, IL!
I’m responsible for corporate ordering. How can I order in bulk?
We want to help you! Call us directly at (815) 201-1155. You may also contact us using our contact form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
What are the Nutrition Facts and ingredients?
Here is our Nutrition Facts label, including a list of our ingredients.